The fourth game of the season found the Pumas and the Puma Regiment at Marcos De Niza High School in Tempe. It was played on a Thursday night, as the game was televised by Cox 7. I watched it on t.v. while Rob went in person. I can't say I ever saw the band on t.v., but I did hear them! The regiment performed their new section for the first time, so it was neat to see the work they've put in. Unfortunately, the PA system failed during their performance, so you'll hear some weird sounds instead of their music. But it's still worth seeing! Here's the first piece...
and the second, with the weird PA sounds toward the end.
On Saturday the regiment participated in the William Fields Evaluation Show in which 6 other bands competed. They first perform in front of judges, then participate in a clinic by ASU Marching Band teachers. After the clinic, they perform one more time. Here is Perry's entrance.
Then it was time to perform. Here is the first section,
and the second. I have to stop the recordings otherwise they will be too long for posting.
Here is the last section
and their exit.
We love watching them perform and relish the fact that Sienna is an integral member of the regiment. She's come so far since those rough days in summer marching band camp. We're so proud of her!

No comments:
Post a Comment