If you're crazy enough to stay up for late night television, I recommend you catch some Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. I loved him on his SNL days and appreciate his sense of humor and his musical abilities. His house band The Roots are amazing, and of course the Samours love a showcased drummer, as The Roots have. This week Jimmy is remembering the Rolling Stones and having their musical guests do covers of Stones songs. Well if you don't think country musicians can rock, check this out. Keith Urban does a thrilling rendition of "Tumbling Dice" and is backed up by some other famous country colleagues. (Sorry about the video, it's bigger than the screen allows - but don't worry, it stays focused on Keith)
Well if you don't know, the ladies backing him up are from the band Little Big Town, and the girl in the middle is Sarah Buxton, a country music solo artist. No wonder they sounded so great! As you know Sienna and I saw Keith Urban in concert, and Sarah Buxton opened up for him, and we also saw Little Big Town when they opened up for Carrie Underwood. So needless to say, we have great taste!
We are headed to the east coast this summer and hope to land tickets to the Jimmy Fallon show. So look for me on t.v. I'll be the one behind the musicians, clapping, yelling, and just plain having a good time.

No comments:
Post a Comment