Sunday, May 16, 2010

At the Bonfire with Craig Morgan






With floor seats awaiting us in Tucson, Sienna and I hustled down there, and walked in a bit late as the Sons of Sylvia were already on stage. They are an up and coming band with a single on Carrie Underwood's Play On cd. Having never been at this venue before, I asked for an usher's help in finding our seats. As he walked us closer and closer to the stage I could not contain my delight. We were the 10th row from the stage, just left of center! Score! So I relished watching the handsome brothers of the Sons of Sylvia and greatly anticipated seeing both Craig Morgan and the amazing Carrie Underwood in such close proximity. If you don't know Craig Morgan, he is probably what I would describe as the 'classic' country artist, which normally isn't my style, but Craig just looks and sounds so good, his appeal is magnetic. Here he is on stage and check out his performance on CBS;









Watch CBS News Videos Online

Now compare that performance with the view from our seats!




'Bonfire' was Craig's first song and definitely got the party started. The lighting made quite a glare with the video, but I think you can still get the idea of where we were sitting and a feel for the fun we were having.

Sienna's favorite Craig Morgan song is 'International Harvester.' This was his last song and a great way to close his set:

Our seats were so good that I didn't want to leave them between Craig and Carrie, but nature does call, and luckily our seats were still there when we returned. Carrie began her set shortly thereafter and our storied night continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment