My first day of the new school year was yesterday and it also was a 80's hair band concert night for us. Probably not the best timing but when it comes to great concert experiences, one must power through! You know, work all day, go to a concert, go to bed late, and still go to work the next day!
The venue was the showroom at Talking Stick Casino in Scottsdale. It was an intimate setting, holding a mere 600 people.
There was no opener, so Whitesnake came out practically right on time, and their front-man, David Coverdale, was all that you would expect.
Yes, he's much older but his hair is prettier than mine, he is stylish in blinged out jeans and chains, and unbuttoned shirt.
They played many of their hits, which elated all.
Their drummer is original, and he even recorded in the same studio we did in California.
During the second half of the show, David invited everyone up to the stage. I did what I was asked and walked right up to it and him, watching and experiencing it extremely up close and personal, as the following pictures show!
I was so close that I got to shake his hand, not once, but twice!
As the show ended, I had to get a good shot of the drummer, since it's like Spenser knows him!
Here is their set-list!
It was a great night! The concert was over at 10, we were home around 10:30, and I was asleep by 11:00!















No comments:
Post a Comment