Well this week ended up being one big homage to rock and roll. After an eventful weekend with our first official Bash practice, I followed it up with meeting legendary KISS guitarist, Ace Frehley. He stopped at Changing Hands bookstore to promote his new autobiography, No Regrets. I would say this event was less attended that last year's one for Ozzy Osbourne, but the crowd was still quite impressive. Unfortunately, they did not allow cameras or pictures, which sucks, but I was able to sneak one on my cell phone.
Doesn't the cover look cool? And underneath the title of the book, it says 'a rock 'n' roll memoir.' Sounds juicy.
And it is. I tell ya, those rock 'n' rollers are all the same. I'm lovin' the first 31 pages, which is what I was able to read while waiting in line. Twenty six dollars and a couple hours of my time was SO worth it. I've now got a great autobiography to read (signed), and I got to meet and shake hands with a member of KISS. Ace's hand was surprisingly soft and I hope in their tenderness some guitar skillage was transferred. One can only hope.
Now it's time to curl up with a good book. Thanks Ace!

No comments:
Post a Comment