Friday, April 22, 2011

Celebrating Easter with Easton

Country music is alive and kickin' in Arizona as Easton Corbin came to town and hit the hottest honky-tonk around, Toby Keith's.  I've highlighted this bar several times in previous posts as they continue to bring many great recording artists to its small venue for a reasonable price.  Easton however, was perhaps its most popular and hottest artist yet, evidenced by sold out pre-sale tickets and shoulder-to-shoulder, butt-to-butt people.  Luckily I bought pre-sale tickets and Sienna and I arrived at the venue early enough to sit for one of our favorite places to eat.  After parking the car, we walked by this fancy rig.........



I had to take a picture of it as I'm sure it's Easton's rig.  I really wanted to go knock on the door and introduce myself, but that's just a fantasy, nothing I'd be brave enough to do in real life.  Sienna was no help either, she was embarassed that I even took a picture.


Once inside, we had to pose in front of his poster...


and we were tickled to see they were selling t-shirts and other stuff, just like a concert!  We bought a shirt and an autographed cd.  The cd was a steal because we hadn't purchased one yet and always wanted to, AND it was signed.  SCORE!



Then it was time for dinner.......yum!  Nachos for me -



and a chicken tenders basket for Sienna.

 
After eating we tried to get as close to the stage as we could, which turned out to be a dangerous venture.  People were pushing and although we had a pretty good spot, we couldn't breathe well and didn't like the claustrophobic feeling that began.  So we decided to make a break for it and move to the back or try the other side.  That was a good decision as we could breathe again and not have men and women 'up in our business.'  Of course safety comes first but the downside of being farther away is a decline in picture quality.  These are the best that I could get, between poor lighting, getting bumped repeatedly, and having to hold my camera up high in the air to clear the amazons standing in front of me.



Luckily the video is a little bit better and the plus is - you can hear this awesome hunk of a country star!



That was a tune called "The Way Love Looks" and here is "Don't Ask About a Woman".



Here is his biggest hit on the radio right now, a ballad called "I Can't Love You Back."



Thanks Easton for getting our holiday weekend started right!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment