If you missed the American Music Awards on Sunday night, then you missed a great show. I was lucky enough to see it live at the Nokia Center in downtown L.A., thanks to an amazing 40th birthday present from Rob. As you know, our family has attended many concerts over the past couple years. But seeing a show like this, with the different performers of various genres, all I can say is it was i n t e n s e !
Sienna accompanied me on this 'trip of a lifetime' and it all started with a flight to LAX. Once we landed, we were picked up by towncar and taken to our hotel. Sienna laughed at me when I said I wanted to take a picture of our driver, but I told her to get used to it because the trip must be documented. Here is our driver, escorting us to the car.
And here is the comfortable town car we were chauffered in -
Not too shabby inside either!
Rob likes to make sure his girls travel in style!
Then it was off to the J.W. Marriott, one of two hotels in the L.A. Live area.
The hotel was very modern and upscale, and only steps away from the Nokia Center.
The rooms were plush and comfortable, and we made ourselves at home.
After checking in and getting comfortable, we ventured out into the L.A. area to see what 'Hollywood' looked like. Right across from our hotel and the Nokia Center, was the Staples Center, home of the Lakers. Of course we're going to take pictures of that! My dad and brother are NUTS for the Lakers!
Here we are in front of the Staples Center.
And here we are again in front of the Staples Center, with the Nokia behind us.
The red carpet was located right outside our hotel. Here is Sienna, the first starlet to hit the carpet!
Here we are at nightime, just outside the lobby doors of our hotel. It was cold!
It was time for dinner and unfortunately all the surrounding restaurants were crazy crowded. So we dined in our fancy hotel, and had a lovely meal.
After dinner, we saw the Deathly Hallows, then went to bed to rest up for Sunday's festivities.
On the day of the event, we had a light breakfast, and then lunch at the ESPN zone. Here is a view from our patio seats of the red carpet a couple hours before the event started.
After lunch, we walked by the theater one last time before we had to start getting ready.
And then the beautification process begins.........and....taadaa!
I'm glad we dressed up a bit, all the women attendees were dressed to the nines! And finally, here we are in the venue.
So, when entering the venue we had to walk through a metal detector and purses were searched. Although cameras were not allowed, I had mine of course, and I just hoped it wouldn't be confiscated upon entering the show. Luckily it was not found, and yes I'll admit to breaking some rules about taking pictures and videos. But I had to create mementos for my trip, and of course I was not the only one using a camera. So I hope you enjoy the following pictures and videos of the American Music Awards, taken discreetly by a true fan.
The show began with a performance by Rihanna.
She was a great choice to start off the awards. Here are the Black Eyed Peas and Katy Perry.
And part of Katy Perry's performance -
Remember I said the show was intense? The amount of stars was overwhelming, and so exciting! I was ecstatic to see Taylor Swift, someone I' ve never seen before.
And no one is hotter than Justin Bieber right now. He won quite a few awards that night. And what's not to like about a handsome young man who can sing, play guitar, play piano, and dance!
Justin Bieber is Usher's protege. Usher won a couple awards that night as well. Here is a bit of Usher's performance -
The finale of the show included a mash-up of two very popular and aging boy bands - New Kids on the Block, and Backstreet Boys. I LOVED the Backstreet Boys back in the day, so I was tickled to see them again.
And the awesome show ended. It was 3 hours long, but flew by. Thanks honey, for a great gift and for the many things you do every day for me and our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment