Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Prince of Darkness in Arizona

When the Ozzman cometh, heavy metal fans heed the call.  Are the Samours heavy metal fans?  Well, duh! In promotion of his new autobiography, I Am Ozzy, Ozzy Osbourne embarked on a book signing tour with a scheduled stop in Tempe, Arizona, at the acclaimed Changing Hands Bookstore. 

I was psyched to buy and read his new book.  I have a love for autobiographies.  One of my favorite books is Days of Grace, the Arthur Ashe autobiography.  I also recently read Andre Agassi's new autobiography, Open, which was another well-worth it literary choice.  I must admit the idea of reading I Am Ozzy brings a smile to my face as I anticipate many f-bombs, as well as an overview of his elicit drug use - with some humor sprinkled in.  Even the awesome cover draws you in........



When we arrived at Changing Hands, the line was around the building.  It was much longer than I had hoped, but seriously what can you expect?  This is OZZY OSBOURNE!  Luckily, I wasn't alone.  After Rob's racing night was rained out, he accompanied me as Sienna and Spenser had no interest.  We got in our assigned ticket group AA, and waited, and waited, and waited.  Two hours later, it was our turn to meet the 'Prince of Darkness'.

I watched Ozzy sign my book anxiously as Rob stood taking pictures and videoing (which he was scolded for). 



Ozzy looked really good, but seemed focused on the signing and not really interacting with the patrons.  His assistant spoke to me, but he was so soft spoken I could barely hear him.  He is the guy in the white shirt to Ozzy's right.  I think he said, "What group are you in?"  I replied, "AA."  Then he said, "Did you want to say something to Ozzy?"  All I could muster was, "I was just saying Hi."  Then I quickly moved on, knowing how long the wait was and the amount of people still left behind me and outside.


                                                               
All in all it was a neat experience.  I got to meet Ozzy Osbourne, spend some time with Rob, and gather material for Samour Sounds.  I also wanted to keep the 'roll' going, two "celebrity" meetings in a row. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out Samour Snippets).  This Wednesday is our Bon Jovi concert, so I'm hoping to keep the roll going and somehow meet members of the band.  Wish me luck!

Here is Ozzy's signature in my book.  For me, worth waiting two hours for!


No comments:

Post a Comment