Monday, January 16, 2012

Bash Bonanza!

The Bash on Bartlett commenced this Saturday and I am glad to report that it was an event not to be forgotten.  After months of planning, practicing, and fretting, now it is just a memory.  But that memory is forever etched with fondness, frolic, Fenders, food, AND a steady beat kept by one rockin' drummer!

I will say that playing caterer, host/hostess, and the entertainment made for one intense night.  After spending most of the day in the kitchen making red enchiladas, green chili chicken enchiladas, rice, and beans, I did not have time to even pick up my guitar and think about the songs I was supposed to play.  Although the band arrived early to run through songs, I stayed busy in the kitchen, and never got to practice before having to play it for real.  So for those of you who will watch the videos later, that is my excuse!  I do think that in the end it was worth it because many people complimented me on the food and I think pleasing the stomach is probably more important than pleasing the ear.  

The day began with continuing set-up.  The stage had been set the night before, (thanks Bobby!) and now all the gear had to be brought downstairs.  Here is some of that process.

  

Here are the guys getting a little pre-show practice in.  


Notice I'm nowhere in the picture!  That's because I'm in the kitchen getting the grub ready!  Sienna helped out all day long too, and even created a banner to put up outside.  



Cool, huh?

Every band needs a set-list, and here is ours.  It was stuck up to the walls, just like they do at real shows.  I found myself checking it from time to time to see when I was up, and so did all the other band members.  Nice touch Rob!


As you can see from the set-list, the first two songs were heavy, and featured Rob and his instructor Shane.  They got things started right! Here's Rob saying a few words before the first song.


The second song featured Aaron as a vocalist, and me as a back up.


How is the audience feeling at this time?  Let's check it out.




Are people having fun?  I think so!


Some of our very important invitees!






We wanted to keep our guests happy with food and spirits.....and music of course!  Here are some more photos of the rock and the roll!






Here is Rob acting as emcee and historian, with patron in hand!


Sienna was in great spirits as our keyboardist.


And the star of the show and keeper of the rhythm - our little Spenser!


When the music portion of the show was over, we could relax and visit with our friends/fans, and finally have a piece of that well deserved cake.


Thanks to all the musicians who had a hand in creating the sound of the Bash on Bartlett.  You rock - literally!


So I've shown you what we looked like, I suppose you want to hear what we sounded like?  Stay tuned....










1 comment:

  1. I'm really sad I missed it! Aaryn and I would have loved to have seen it! Hey by the way we are coming down for a few days this Saturday to Friday. I sent ya an envite to a little party for Vespa but more than that we would love to see ya. We could even stop by your place next Thursday evening before we leave then maybe we could have VIP seats to a song or two. No pressure;) Lol! Love ya, let me know. I'll email ya too.

    ReplyDelete