Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Walk Down Memory (Melody) Lane

I thought I'd take the time to reflect on the past year and the evolution of our blog, our band, and our music-rich moments.  On November 29, 2009, I created the Samour Sounds blog and posted its first entry.  As Spenser's skill on the drums soared, Rob and I limped along with guitar and from time to time - vocals - to accompany our rising star in something we all enjoyed.  The blog became our scrapbook, a place to store our memories, and also document our development (or lack thereof at times).  It's hard to believe we used to look like this;
   At that time Rob didn't even play guitar, Sienna was ready to quit guitar, and Spenser was the proud new owner of an awesome set of blue Ddrums.  We weren't a band yet, but the seed was planted.....

Spenser began rockin' tunes from the likes of  AC/DC and Iron Maiden, and we just wanted to join in.   So we began some family songs, like Bon Jovi's 'Who Says You Can't Go Home', and 'Livin' on a Prayer.'  Rob and Spenser have a handful of songs they play together, and we're working on songs that include the rest of the family as well.  So we grew up a bit from the first family band picture....

Then, we began attending concerts like compulsive addicts.  We saw Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town, Keith Urban, Craig Morgan, Tim McGraw, Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry, Sugarland, KISS, Judas Priest, Queensryche, Heaven and Hell, Iron Maiden, RATT,  Bon Jovi, Dokken, Miley Cyrus, Aly and AJ, and the Jonas Brothers.  Next month I'll add Rascal Flatts to the list, and a month after that, a whole bunch of different artists performing at the American Music Awards. 

And now, look at us.  A year of devotion to playing music and watching music professionals, has transformed us into rock stars!



Okay, so I know we're not real rock stars, but every family needs some fun in their lives, and this is ours.

Here we are on our balcony, sporting concert shirts from our various shows.  We've got quite a collection.  We could wardrobe change for days!

And here we are in front of the house, showing the neighborhood what we're made of....


And here's one more for the road.  If you've followed us, thanks for coming along on our journey.  We will keep traveling and hope you'll continue to make the trip with us.

2 comments:

  1. I love the family pics! There so cute! Sienna has gotten soooo tall! Hey we're coming down Nov. 18th through Nov. 26th and I think the new Twilight movie comes out so we should all go do a girls night out;) Also mom's doing a baby shower Nov. 29th at 11am, so I sent her your address to mail ya an invite! I really miss ya and can't wait to see you! Love ya, Mánon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Typo. The shower is Nov. 20th at 11am. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete