Monday, August 2, 2010

The Band Perry

If you've never heard of the band Perry, then you're in for a treat.  They are an up and coming country band fronted by Kimberly Perry and her two brothers.  They have two big hits on country radio; Hip to My Heart, and If I Die Young.  Sienna and I saw them last night at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill in Mesa, for $5!!!  It's kinda strange seeing a concert in a bar, but it was fun just the same.  Toby Keith's is a great place, and they often draw big country names for shows. 

So we arrived about an hour early to eat dinner and scope things out.  We had eaten there before, but had never been there for a show.  I ordered chicken tenders and fries; Sienna had the turkey club.  The food is really good!  This time I thought we'd partake in the stranger menu items as well; namely the deep fried twinkies.  Well, I must say I love Toby Keith, but I do not care for them deep fried twinkies.  You can't tell from the picture, but Sienna didn't like them either.  Of course the picture was snapped before we started eating!


Well, a few gross twinkies weren't going to spoil our night!  After yucky dessert, we made our way to the dance floor and staked our claim.  The first act was Jaron and The Long Road to Love.  He was a one-man show (literally) and quite entertaining.  And then it was time to rock with the band Perry.  Here they are;

   
You gotta love a pretty girl playing guitar and fronting an awesome country band!  Here she is -


Another great mom and daughter bonding moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment