Sunday, July 11, 2010

In the Studio

Talk about a summer vacation that just keeps kickin'!  While in San Luis Obispo, my Dad arranged for us to record again in the former MusicLab studio, now called Modern Music Academy.   This is where the infamous "Make Some Noise" Hannah Montana song was recorded by Sienna, Papa, and I - back in the day.  So we quickly through something together and walked into the studio, nerves and all.  The players in this recording were Spenser, Rob, and myself.  Sienna was acting as our manager and videographer, and Ray and Rose were there for moral support.  The two songs we recorded were Bon Jovi's "Who Says You Can't Go Home" and Whitesnake's "All or Nothing."  I had sung the Bon Jovi song before, but had never sung the Whitesnake song.  It's tough, especially when you're not a good singer and you've barely heard the song.  So I apologize in advance for that.  Rob sings too!  And he'll be the first to tell you how hard it is.

The first song was Bon Jovi and I had to go into the booth by myself while Rob and Spenser played guitar and drums on stage.  Everyone was mic'ed up and wearing earphones so we could hear each other, as well as Darren, or mixer/producer.


Above you see Rob and Spenser rockin' and below you'll see me in the booth recording vocals,


After recording, Darren goes to work making us sound better!


The second song we recorded was a Whitesnake song, and can you believe the actual Whitesnake drummer had recently recorded in the studio with Darren!  Cool coincidence, huh?  I see a meeting of the two drummers in the future!  Here is a picture I took of a picture of the drummer from Whitesnake.
 

Here is the other famous drummer in studio,



It was a great experience, yet a daunting task, but definitely one we're proud of.  Here we are with Darren Clarke, the owner of Modern Music Academy, and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. 







No comments:

Post a Comment