Sunday, April 17, 2016

Bash on Bartlett 4

Bash on Bartlett 4 commenced last night and brings to mind the lyrics of a song called "Oh What a Night!" Boy, was it!  It was probably the most fun a Bash has been thus far, and maybe even the most attended, at least at the house.

Preparation begins well in advance of a show, with practice dates, yard work, food shopping, and food prep.  In addition to those tasks, all of the equipment must be moved downstairs and then outside into position.  In order to accomplish some of those tasks, Rob took Friday off.  That is when he did the final cut on the grass and continued to move equipment.  I unfortunately had to go to work as I had a tennis match that day, so he did not have a helper until Sienna and Spenser got home from school.  All I could do to help was prepare green chicken enchilada sauce and Spanish rice the night before.  Sienna helped Rob in the kitchen, rolling 3 trays of green enchiladas and 2 trays of red.  Everything fit in the refrigerator thankfully.

Here's a bit of what Saturday set-up looked like.
 

 
Little by little it comes together to form this!

 
Then our fans start to arrive.









Here's the band before our first set began.  Shane is Rob and Spenser's former guitar/drums teacher, and Kevin is Rob's good friend, sprint car owner, South Mountain Project colleague, and now the Samour Sounds keyboard player!  He also helped immensely in so many other ways:  stage and electronics set-up, catering, and post-party clean-up.  We couldn't have done it without him!




Then it was time to rock!  The kids were my inspiration - so much energy!



 




 

A view from the balcony.
 




 
Day turns to night.
 
 
 
Our guests all remarked they loved the music and the food.  I know for sure they enjoyed the margaritas because the multitude of empty Patron bottles cluttering the kitchen counter is proof enough. We even had to send runners for more margarita mix and beer.  Despite some soundboard issues I can unequivocally say we had a great time and in the words of The Four Seasons, "Oh What a Night!"
 
I hope to have some video to share soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment