Friday, November 13, 2015

ALL-AMERICAN MARCHING BAND TOUR STOP!!!!

Today was Sienna's All-American Tour Stop and I arrived early to help set up the band room.  When I pulled up I saw this fancy vehicle - so professional!

 
Inside I assisted Mrs. Earnhardt with the goodies table.
 
 
The AAMB Team did the rest of the set-up.  It looked very nice.


 
The ceremony began and shortly after the girls were presented with their jackets, officially making them 'part of the band.'


 
 

 
Here are the girls with Mr. Kiesgen, their band director who nominated them.

 
There were lots of photo ops!
 



 
This is Sienna's Woodwinds instructor that doesn't work at Perry anymore, but he still came to her tour stop.
 

 
Proud Mama!



Proud parents!


 
The girls pose in front of the van.
 

 
They are so excited! 
 
It was a wonderful experience, seeing our daughter honored in front of her peers, teachers, administrators, friends, and family.  Sienna spoke eloquently and the staff of the AAMB Tour were amazing!  They set up everything, walk all participants through the agenda, take photos and video, and connect them all to social media.  The AAMB is headquartered in Rockaway, N.J., interestingly enough, and we discovered that the photographer and videographer reside in N.J., one of which is West Windsor.  And where is the tour headed after stopping at Perry?  Las Cruces, New Mexico!  Talk about small world!  New Jersey, Arizona, and New Mexico connection, who would've thunk it?
 
The pictures I've posted are from my cell-phone, so they're a little fuzzy.  When I get the photos from the photographer, (she's e-mailing them tomorrow), I'll update them.  The parents were also presented with an award for raising a child worthy of AAMB, a plaque sponsored by American Family Insurance that will be mailed to us.  Pretty cool! 
 
Tomorrow night all 8 of the AAMB members from Arizona will be recognized at the State Finals Competition at Glendale Community College.  We'll be headed to that as well!  It's a busy time, but also an exciting one! 
 
Bring on San Antonio!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment