Sienna had her 8th grade night at Perry High School, where she spent the evening with the band regiment playing songs and entertaining guests during the football game. This is an important event as Perry is the high school she's boundaried for and next year she will be a freshman. After picking her up and treating her to a McFlurry blizzard and me a swirl cone via the drive-thru, I turned right onto Gilbert Road and things got a bit crazy. I thought I had plenty of time to turn right on red, but after I turned I realized the car behind me was up my butt, so I accelerated to avoid getting rear-ended. All this occurred in front of a cop apparently because those red and blue flashers came up behind me quickly. It was a woman and she was not happy with me. Basically she said I failed to yield to oncoming traffic, and then sped. I explained to her that I thought I had time to turn and that I only accelerated to avoid an accident. I told her the ice cream cone may have been a factor but I also felt the less I said the better. She asked for license, registration, and insurance and ran it through the system. It took longer than I thought it would, and both Sienna and I finished our desserts as we waited for my sentence. Did I mention I've never, ever, been pulled over before? Perhaps my shiny and clean record stood for itself as she returned to the vehicle and issued only a warning and also let me know my license plate light is out. I know she wanted to ticket me, but I'm glad she didn't. I don't think she was trying to be nice -she isn't - it just must be protocol. So praise God and Hallelujah, my record is still clean. I know that's a long story and doesn't seem 'Samour Sounds' worthy of posting here, but hang in there because here comes the connection. To highlight, pay tribute to, or just make fun of his mom, Spenser learned a new and very apropros song in lessons today. Here it is - "Breakin' the Law" by Judas Priest.....
I guess it was meant to be that I 'almost' broke the law, otherwise Spenser wouldn't have been so inspired! He just blows me away with his skills and ability to learn a song within an hour! He rocks!

No comments:
Post a Comment